With regards to the article published today, Wednesday, 6 April 2011, in the newspaper DEIA, under the heading of: “Athletic places restrictions on the use of the sports facilities in Lezama by Veterans”, the Ex-players Associations’ Board of Directors’ (AEA) would like to make the following statements:
1. The adjustments implemented concerning the use of the sports facilities in Lezama in no way responds to an express veto towards the veterans, but to a need to improve the area that is to be used by the Premier team.
2. Said adjustments do not impede at all the normal carrying out of the activities scheduled by the Association.
3. The use of the Premier team’s indoor parking area, the gym and medical rooms has been an authentic privilege for the members of this Association, but not a right.
4. The decision to move some Northern League matches to several municipals in Biscay responds exclusively to this Board’s express desire and has not been ordered by the sporting body of Athletic Club’s Board of directors, who have never placed any obstacles whatsoever in us using the sports facilities in Lezama when disputing our matches.
5. The AEA disassociates itself, totally, from the declarations made and rejects any attempt to involve this association in such an interested stance; such declarations should be expressed publicly and not anonymously and with the personal and non-transferable trace of the person who expressed it.
Lionesses suffer injury-time defeat against Real Betis
The Lionesses come back to Bilbao without a point after conceding an injury-time goal in Seville
Highlights I Levante UD 1-1 Athletic Club (LaLiga Matchday 25)
A game of two penalties, as both sides get a point
Marcelino: “A victory for us would’ve been fair”
Marcelino bemoaned the defensive mistakes that led to Levante’s goal
Athletic held to frustrating draw by Levante
Despite constantly threatening, Athletic only pick up one point from a match where both goals came from the penalty spot
Confirmed line-ups: Levante UD vs Athletic Club
The XI’s for tonight’s LaLiga match at the Ciutat de Valéncia
Global TV Guide: Levante UD vs Athletic Club (LaLiga Matchday 25)
When and where to watch Athletic’s upcoming LaLiga match against Levante UD
Marcelino: “We’re focused on winning tomorrow”
Marcelino looks ahead to Friday night’s LaLiga Santander match against Levante UD
Squad list: Levante UD vs Athletic Club (LaLiga Matchday 25)
Marcelino has called up 23 players for Friday night’s clash with Levante UD at the Ciutat de València
A big week against Levante
Athletic will face Levante twice in six days, starting with a LaLiga fixture on Friday (21:00 CET)
Raúl García: “The more difficult the challenge, the better”
After extending his contract with Athletic Club until 2022, Raúl García expressed his intention to keep going “as long as he was up to the task of competing for this Club”