Athletic Club and Petronor share a commitment regarding sustainable development. Hence, both entities are willing to collaborate, move forwards and work in line with the Objectives (ODS) established by the UN within the European Union framework in terms of energy transition, which are the result of the commitments reached at the Paris Climate Summit.
The aim of this three-year collaboration agreement is to work hand in hand towards the following Sustainable Development Goals, part of the 2030 agenda:
• 7. Affordable and non-polluting energy.
• 9. Industry, innovation and infrastructure.
• 11. Sustainable cities and communities.
• 12. Responsible production and consumption.
• 13. Climate action.
• 17. Partnerships to achieve the objectives.
The agreement between both entities shares a double aspect:
• On one side, to enable Athletic Club to decarbonize its energy consumption both in its facilities and in its pioneering mobility program. To move towards a consumption based only on green energy and a part produced at the facilities of Athletic Club (Km0 energy).
• Take advantage of the Club’s prescription capacity and make it easier for the supporters of Athletic Club to have access to a more environmentally friendly, low CO2 energy and thus, contribute and generate a more sustainable community.
As a result of this partnership, a series of concrete actions will be carried out:
• Installation of solar panels at the facilities of Athletic Club, beginning at San Mamés, with which to supply part of the course’s consumption.
• Part of this Community, neighbours living in a 500-metre area around San Mamés, will be able to contract part of the energy generated by Petronor on the course itself (km0 energy).
• To ensure the supply of low carbon energy to the whole of the facilities. The new buildings of Lezama will also be supplied with this green energy.
• To create an Energy Community, “Athletic-Petronor Energy” in which, by means of the corresponding certificates, the supply of low carbon energy by Petronor will be assured.
• Sustainable mobility programme: fast charge stations will be installed for the Club’s fleet of electric vehicles, members and supporters, both in Lezama and San Mamés.
Private offering to Our Lady of Begoña
The squad leaders from the male and female first teams along with representatives from the board carried out the traditional offering to the patron saint
San Mamés lights up for Worldwide Cystic Fibrosis day
Athletic Club participated in this international day of recognition to shed light on the situation of those who suffer with the condition
New Statistics section on the website
The official Athletic Club website has a new page where fans can check statistics related to footballers, rivals, top goalscorers and record appearance holders
Athletic Club tripled its social media interactions
The club’s official accounts had the biggest percentage increase in growth amongst LaLiga clubs in 2019-20
Masks to kick off the new season
Athletic Club donates 1,000 masks from the Foundation’s social projects for the new season
Athletic Club’s 2020-21 home kit is out now
The new home top pays tribute to Athletic Club’s special relationship with its fans
2020/21 training kit collection
The men’s and women’s first teams have already put on this season’s personalised New Balance range
Athletic Club leads the Index of Transparency for LaLiga clubs
The red-and-white club earned the maximum score in Transparency International’s INFUT 2019 Rankings
Athletic Club’s 2020/21 away kit is out now
The New Balance away kit, grey with red stripes rising to the collar, represents the rise of academy players to the first team
Tender: rigging the building for the first team in Lezama
All the companies interested in the tender can download the main requirements for the supply and setting up of sports and technological equipment